What is ASLO?
For more than 50 years, ASLO has been the leading professional organization for researchers and educators in the field of aquatic science. ASLO is best known for its highly rated research journals, its interdisciplinary meetings, and its special symposia. In recent years, the society has developed programs in public education and outreach, and public policy. It has also sponsored programs to encourage student interaction and to increase opportunities for minorities in the aquatic sciences.
ASLO welcomes and invites anyone interested in the aquatic sciences to join! Membership categories are available for both professionals and students. For more information, click on the "General Information" and "Member Benefits" links at right.
- Call for Nominations
- The Ocean Research Interactive Observatory Network (ORION) program is seeking nominations for an Executive Steering Committee that will be the principal body giving and coordinating advice to the ORION Project Office. For more information, click here.
- December 18, 2003
- Salt Plains Microbial Observatory Summer Workshop on Microbial Diversity
- A 4 week, intensive Salt Plains Microbial Observatory Summer Workshop on Microbial Diversity will be offered for advanced undergraduate students in 2004 and 2005. For more information, click here.
- December 15, 2003
- Call for Papers
- Contributions to a special issue of Limnology and Oceanography highlighting the "The History and Current Status of Eutrophication in Aquatic Ecosystems" are invited. For more information, click here.
- December 10, 2003
- 2004 Summer Meeting: Call for Abstracts
- The 2004 Summer Meeting will be held June 13-18, 2004 in Savannah, Georgia. The meeting theme is The Changing Landscapes of Oceans and Freshwater. ASLO invites the submission of abstracts from both members and non-members. The abstract submission deadline is February 1, 2004. For more information, click here.
- December 10, 2003
- Roommates Wanted!
- As a convenience to attendees at ASLO meetings, the Roommates Wanted page will help you to locate individuals willing to share the cost of a room. Click here for more information.
- December 5, 2003
- New L&O Issue Posted
- The November issue of Limnology and Oceanography (Vol 48, Issue 6, 2003) is now posted.
- November 12, 2003
- New L&O Bulletin Issue Posted
- The September issue of the Limnology and Oceanography Bulletin (Vol 12, Issue 3, 2003) is now posted.
- October 31, 2003
- Limnology Workshop Report
- The American Society of Limnology and Oceanography (ASLO) developed a workshop entitled "Emerging Research Questions for Limnology: The Study of Inland Waters", held in Boulder, Colorado in December, 2002. For more information and access to the workshop reports, click here.
- September 2, 2003